Belonging to the Himalayas, Himachal Pradesh is a north Indian state, having the most surreal scenic views, and the most astonishing mountains and landscapes.
There are countless sites and places to visit in Himachal that can make someone completely astounded by their mesmerizing beauty like Manali, Shimla, Dalhousie, and a lot more.
Here, one can take pleasure of a variety of experiences from being highly adventurous to enjoying the sublime climate, from having a romantic time spent with loved ones to having a solo trip. There is a lot more to explore in Himachal Pradesh.
Let’s get to know about the most ravishing features of Himachal Pradesh.
Features of Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is a land full of mesmerizing landscapes and beautiful snow-capped mountains, here are the reasons why one should visit Himachal Pradesh once in a lifetime-
- Popularly known as the land of Gods.
- Having Shimla as its capital which is known as the ‘Queen of Hills’ is one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
- Get a chance to explore the Great Himalayan National Park at Kullu.
- It has a religious significance too as people from different villages have their own customs and beliefs.
If you are fascinated by the beauty of Himachal Pradesh and planning to visit some astonishing places in Himachal Pradesh, then you have come to the right place as we have selectively chosen some of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
Best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is popularly known as ‘ the land of snow’. Here one can experience the scenic views of mountains and breezing cold winds along with the mesmerizing landscapes.
Here is a list of the best places in Himachal Pradesh-
- Bir Billing
- Solang Valley
- Lahaul Valley
Let’s get to know about these places in detail:
- Considered amongst the best places in Himachal Pradesh.
- Ideal for people checking out for some calming nature and beautiful mountains, then this place is for you.
- Perfect for people of almost all age groups especially couples.
- Opportunity to explore Solang Valley, Manali Bird Sanctuary, Old temples, etc.
- Enjoy the adventures like trekking, camping, river rafting, etc.
- Being the capital of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla is regarded among the most popular hill stations in North India.
- Consists of picturesque landscapes and refreshing weather.
- Mostly suitable for all whether it is friends, families, or newlywed couples.
- Affordable shopping places at Mall Road will make you go stunned.
- Availability of budget-friendly and luxurious resorts and hotels.
- Opportunity to explore the Indo-Tibetan community.
- Ideal for people who love getting to know about the different cultures of India living in peace with each other.
- Mostly suitable for friends, traveling alone or families.
- Get a chance to explore mesmerizing Dal Lake and glorious Kangra Fort.
- Availability of some cheap and affordable hotels like Green Hotel, Bob’s n Barley, etc.
- Ideal for people who want to get rid of the busy city life and enjoy the serene pleasure of nature.
- Perfect to visit in the month of June.
- Mostly suitable for families, friends, and couples.
- Get a chance to explore the scenic beauty of nature.
- Wonderful opportunity to visit Gilbert Trail, Anglican Church, Monkey Point, etc.
- Hub for a number of adventurous activities.
- Being a small village, Bir has the most calming and soothing climate.
- It ideal for friends, and families preferring adventures.
- Best opportunity to experience the most exciting adventures of paragliding.
Wonderful chance to experience the beauty of Buddhism Monasteries
- Golden opportunity to explore Deo Tiba and Chandrakhani crests.
- Considered among the best places in Himachal Pradesh.
- Mostly suitable for single passengers avoiding the hustle and bustle of big cities.
- Observe the scenic beauty of nature and extremely serene weather.
- Ideal to travel for 3-4 days.
- Popularly known as the ‘Mini Switzerland of India’.
- A hill station to avoid the busy city life and enjoy the peaceful nature.
- Ideal for newlywed couples.
- Ideal opportunity to explore the mesmerizing beauty of Khajjiar, named as the ‘Switzerland of India’.
- Accessibility to some amazing resorts and campsites.
Kinnaur Himachal Pradesh
- Popular for the sweetest apples and one of the most beautiful places in Himachal Pradesh.
- Get a chance to explore the glorious Kamru Fort, Naku Gompa, and hamlets.
- Astonishing landscapes with the serene pleasure of nature.
- Ideal for foodies craving some Tibetan delights at the Tibetan Cafeteria.
- Experience the sublime and the most charming Nako Lake.
- Ideal for snow lovers, Kufri is located near the capital of Himachal, Shimla.
- Best suitable for newlywed couples, and friends.
- Best place to visit for high altitudes.
- Explore the scenic beauty of nature with sublime snowfalls and adventurous trekking activities.
- The best time to visit Kufri is 1 night and 2 days.
- Considered among the most well-known tourist spots in Himachal Pradesh.
- Get thrilled by the amazing sports activities like skydiving, paragliding, horseback riding, etc.
- Ideal for snow lovers, friends, and families wanting some adrenaline rush.
- Golden opportunity to learn the skills of skiing with Sonlang’s training institutes.
- Also close to the most well-liked places like Manali, and Rohtang.
After covering almost all the major tourist destinations of Himachal Pradesh, it can be rightly said that Himachal Pradesh is pure ‘the heaven on the earth’.
Its mesmerizing beauty in the form of enormous and snow-capped mountains, amazing sports activities, and soothing weather can make anyone want to visit its places once in a lifetime.
Now, let’s move to another segment of the article and get to know about some of the most affordable Himachal tour packages for visiting the best places of Himachal Pradesh.
Ideal Tour Packages to Visit the Best Places of Himachal Pradesh
● Shimla, Manali (Honeymoon tour package)
● Exotic Tirthan valley with a stay in Jibhi.
● Shimla, Manali Tour Package with a visit to Kufri.
● Bir Billing tour package with camping.
● Dharamshala, Dalhousie, Amritsar tour.
At last, it can be concluded that everyone at least for once should visit Himachal Pradesh to observe its unreal scenic beauty.