Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of Ladakh and Kargil with our 8 Nights / 9 Days Ladakh & Kargil Tour Package. This meticulously crafted itinerary takes you through the captivating landscapes of the Himalayas, allowing you to explore the ancient monasteries, picturesque lakes, and charming valleys. Witness the unique blend of Tibetan Buddhism and local traditions as you visit monastic sites like Hemis, Lamayuru, and Alchi. Marvel at the pristine beauty of Pangong Lake and Nubra Valley, and soak in the tranquility of the surroundings. Immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of the region and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Visit ancient monasteries like Hemis, Lamayuru, and Alchi.
- Explore the enchanting Nubra Valley, known for its sand dunes and double-humped camels.
- Marvel at the breathtaking beauty of Pangong Lake and its ever-changing colors.
- Experience the thrill of driving through the world’s highest motorable pass, Khardung La.
- Discover the rich cultural heritage of Ladakh through interactions with the locals.
- Enjoy panoramic views of the stunning landscapes and snow-capped mountains.
- Indulge in delicious local cuisine and savor the flavors of Ladakhi delicacies.
- Experience the warm hospitality of comfortable accommodations amidst picturesque surroundings.
Day 1 : Arrival at Leh
Arrival Leh in the morning and transfer to the hotel. Take complete rest for the day for acclimatization to the high altitude of Leh (11,500 ft / 3500 mtrs). Overnight in hotel.
Day 2 : Leh local sightseeing
After breakfast visit Shey Palace, Thiksey Monastery & Stok Palace Museum. Post lunch at the hotel, visit Shanti Stupa, Sankar Gompa & Leh Palace and then explore the local markets. Overnight in hotel.
Day 3 : Leh - Pangong - Leh
Full day excursion to Pangong Lake (approx. 300 kms round trip, located on the Indo-China Border), enroute crossing the Chang-la pass (alt: 17370 ft.). After sightseeing around the lake, drive back to Leh, reaching in the late afternoon / evening. Overnight in hotel.
Day 4 : Leh - Nubra Valley
After breakfast leave for Nubra Valley, driving across Khardung-la (alt: 18,380 ft). After descending from the pass, drive on for sightseeing of Sumoor area and Samstanling Gompa. Later check into a fixed camp in the same area or drive across to Deskit / Hundar for overnight in a fixed camp or hotel.
Day 5 : Nubra Valley - Leh
In the morning visit / explore Deskit , Hundar and the Sand Dunes where you can enjoy a short camel safari using the double-humped Bactrian camel found here (optional on direct payment). Later drive back to Leh reaching in the late afternoon / evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 6 : Leh - Alchi / Uleytokpo: (70 kms.)
After leisurely breakfast, leave for Alchi / Uleytokpo on the first leg of the journey to Kargil and Srinagar. On the way visit Hall of Fame, Gurudwara Patthar Sahib, Magnetic Point, Sangam (confluence of Indus & Zanskar Rivers) and then the 11th century Alchi Choskor, oldest surviving monastic complex famous for its wall frescoes and architecture – a UNESCO listed heritage site. Overnight in fixed camp / resort at Uleytokpo.
Day 7 : Uleytokpo - Lamayuru - Kargil (135 kms.)
After breakfast leave for Kargil. On the way you can visit the dramatically located Lamayuru monastery and the adjoining “Moonland” hills. Later drive towards Kargil enroute viewing the 9-Mtrs. tall rock sculpture of the Maitreya Buddha at Mulbek (7th –8th century AD). Overnight in hotel at Kargil.
Day 8 : Kargil - Sonamarg - Srinagar (205kms)
Early departure for Srinagar driving through Drass (famous as the second coldest inhabited place in the world) and crossing the Zoji-la Pass (11,500-ft. / 3,505 m) to reach Sonamarg from where it’s a smooth 2-hour drive to Srinagar through the beautiful Kashmir countryside. Overnight at Srinagar.
Day 9 : Departure Srinagar
Early morning transfer to the airport for taking the flight back home.
|No of Pax||Cost Per Pax Based on 3 Star Hotels||Cost Per Pax Based on 4 Star Hotels|
|2 Pax||Rs. 78,530 Per Person||Rs. 81,226 Per Person|
|4 Pax||Rs. 65,190 Per Person||Rs. 68,620 Per Person|
|2 Pax||Rs. 81,212 Per Person||Rs. 84,340 Per Person|
|4 Pax||Rs. 66,531 Per Person||Rs. 68,142 Per Person|
|6 Pax||Rs. 63,465 Per Person||Rs. 65,784 Per Person|
|8 Pax||Rs. 60,561 Per Person||Rs. 62,426 Per Person|
*Subject to change based on the specific dates and availability of hotels.
|City||Hotels 3 Star||Hotels 4 Star||No of Nights|
|Leh||Essence at Ladakh / Similar||Hotel Ladakh Palace / Similar||4 Night(s)|
|Nubra||Organic Retreat / Similar||Hotel Snow Leopard / Similar||1 Night(s)|
|Uleytokpo||The Apricot / Similar||Mystic Village Resort / Similar||1 Night(s)|
|Kargil||The Kargil / Similar||Hotel Siachen / Similar||1 Night(s)|
|Srinagar||The Royal Batoo / Similar||RK Sarovar Portico / Similar||1 Night(s)|
*Subject to availability at the time of booking or else similar hotels will be suggested.
- 4 Nights’ stay at hotel in Leh with MAP.
- 1 Nights’ stay in Camp / hotel in Nubra with MAP.
- 1 Nights’ stay in Camp / hotel in Uleytokpo with MAP.
- 1 Nights’ stay in Camp / hotel in Kargilwith MAP.
- 1 Nights’ stay in Camp / hotel in Srinagarwith MAP.
- Accommodation on twin / double sharing basis with Extra Bed / CWB & CNB.
- Complimentary evening Tea / Coffee with snacks every day during your stay in Leh Hotel
- Inner Liner Permits, Environment Fees
- 2 Bottles of 500 ml packaged drink water per person per day
- Oxygen cylinders in vehicle during travel
- Meals plan (MAP) – Breakfast & Dinner: on Fixed Menu basis at Hotels
- Transfer & Sightseeing by AC Vehicle (A / C will switch off in Hills).
- Diver Allowance, Toll tax, parking Charges.
- GST @ 5% / Air Fare / Train Fare.
- Meals other than those mentioned explicitly in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses like portages, tips, laundry & Rafting etc.
- Any activity not mentioned in the inclusions & entry tickets to the places of interest to visit etc.